Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Tasty chicken soup

As Winter (unfortunately...) approaches and the days become darker and colder, a good warm soup for dinner is as precious as a pirate's treasure.

I already said in this post that I learnt how to cook soups here in Finland. In Italy I never made one myself, and I only ate either minestrone or pastina (a tiny pasta cooked in broth).

This chicken soup was my very first attempt in the unknown Soup World. I didn't take the recipe from anywhere, I just added the ingredients in the pot up to my taste. I knew for a fact that chicken tasted good paired with bell pepper and sweet corn in a salad, so I put those ingredients in the soup as well. I added a bit of curry, some cheese and flour to ticken it up :)


In the photo below there're (almost) all the ingredients you need.


Ingredients (2 persons):
  • 5 dl water
  • about 200 g marinated chicken breasts (or also non-marinated if you want)
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 2-3 tbs sweet corn
  • 1/2 carrot
  • 1-2 melted cheese slices
  • 2 tbs flour
  • curry powder
Directions:
Cut the chicken in small pieces. Slice carrot and bell pepper also in small pieces.
Put the water to boil, then add the buillon cube. Add the chicken, bell pepper and carrot in the pot and let it boil until the meat is cooked. Then add corn, cheese (better cut it in pieces first) and curry up to taste.
Stir and let it boil at low heat for some minutes adding the flour bit by bit, always stirring, until the soup is ticken enough.
Serve with good rye bread slices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...