Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Salmon-Tomato Bruschetta

I've never been a bruschetta lover, actually, bruschetta were for me a half sandwich, that's it. First time I went to Italy with my boyfriend I avoided them... a piece a bread with things on it, nothing more, what's special about it?
The dish itself might not be special, true, but what makes it special, is the people about the table eating eat.. and we now, mediterranean people love food, and love social food reunions. So I became a bruschetta-lover, too!

There's of course a special oven used for it, and italians stone ovens are always the best. I don't have one... xD But I have a spanish simple-use grill! Therefore I tried my own interpretation of "friends and bruschetta", I tried a Salmon Bruschetta. :D


Ingredients:
  • 4 slices of bread
  • 8 cherry tomatoes
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 4 slices of smoked salmon
  • 1/2 red pepper without skin
  • 3 spoons of olive or argan oil
  • 5 chopped almonds without skin
  • fresh oregano
  • salt
  • optionally Parmigiano cheese
  • friends
Instructions:
 With the magic mix wand (xD) mix the oil, chopped almonds and garlic well together, and drop it on the slices. Peel the pepper bell and chop it very finely, chop the cherry tomatoes in bigger size, chop also the smoked salmon, mix all together with a bit of sald, and put it in portions on the bread. Difficult, isn't it? xD Finally chop the oregano and drop it artistically over the slices. Optionally, you can also sprinkle a bit of parmigiano cheese on top, if desired.
Finally, put it on the grill or in the oven at 150º for 5-10 minutes. Take it out and enjoy with friends on a summer evening in the garden ;)

3 comments:

Wonderland said...

I love how you added friends to the list of ingredients hahaha XD

I agree, brushetta is one of those dishes that is good to enjoy with friends or family. I always liked bruschetta, but I've always had a simple version made with garlic, tomatoes and basil... so good!!! :)

Thank you for posting this recipe, I'm going to try it soon :*

p.s. We don't have a grill here, so I'll have to use my normal oven, I hope is ok?

misao said...

haha xD
well, you'll know better than me how to do a good bruschetta!! XD

nonetheless, just don't put stones of the street into your oven :ºD (I won't tell, but someone once did it, believing it will give the effect of stone oven xD)

Gerlinde in Dallas said...

Are you aware of this link?

www.yummyfunny.com/salmon-tomato-bruschetta/

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...