Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Spring omelette

Omelette is my favorite food when it comes to empty the fridge from random leftovers.

It's really quick and easy to make, plus you can add to it whatever you want and it always comes out good! When I have in the fridge some leftovers, omelette is my first choice :)

This omelette came out pretty colorful and reminded me of Spring, so I named it "Spring omelette"!


This time in the fridge I found some basil leaves, parsley, one tomato, half bell pepper and ham slices. With the skin of the tomato I made this tomato rose as decoration :)


Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 tomato
  • some basil leaves
  • 2 ham slices
  • parsley
  • rapeseed oil or olive oil
  • salt & pepper 
Directions:
Blend the egg yolks and whites with a fork in a bowl. Peel the tomato. Chop finely onion, bell pepper, tomato, basil and parsley and add them into the bowl. Add salt and pepper up to taste and mix well.
Warm up a nonstick pan greased with a bit of oil and pour the egg mixture, spreading it evenly. Wait that the bottom starts to set and carefully lift the border with a rubber spatula to detach it from the pan.
Now it's time to flip the omelette upside down, and for that I always use a plate (slide the omelette on the plate, hold it above the pan and quickly flip it down). Cook for another minute or so, but don't overcook or allow the egg to turn brown, place the ham slices on it and wrap it up with the spatula.
Serve immediately.

1 comments:

Sugarcat said...

You can't believe how hungry I am right now!! this omelette looks so beautiful *-*
so beautiful I want to eat it xDDDDD

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...