Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Peperonata tricolore

Nowadays I have to avoid eating too much carbohydrates, so when I cook some meat for dinner I cannot serve it with potatoes (or mashed potatoes), pasta or rice as often as before. I must use a lots of veggies! I like salads, but I really don't wanna eat them every single day, so I try to cook veggies in different ways and serve them as side dish.

In this recipe I use my favorite vegetable: bell pepper! Peperonata is a very common Italian dish prepared with bell peppers and tomatoes (or tomato sauce) and usually served as side dish for meat.



Although the original peperonata recipe contains tomatoes, I didn't add them in my version. And, since I used bell peppers of 3 different colors, the name is "tricolore" :)


Ingredients (3 persons):
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 yellow bell pepper 
  • 1 green bell pepper 
  • 1 onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 veggie buillon cube
  • rapeseed oil or olive oil
  • black pepper

Directions:
Wash the bell peppers, remove the white stuff inside and cut them in pieces.
Chop garlic and onion and saute them in a big saucepan with a bit of oil. When they turn into nice golden color, add bell pepper pieces and stir. Crush the buillon cube and pour it in the pan.
Add black pepper up to taste (I didn't add any salt because the buillon was salty enough). Let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the bell peppers are soft enough.
Serve with e.g. chicken or meatballs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...