Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Hot pink pasta!

Happy Women's Day to all the girls, young and not so young, that read our blog!!!

Since today is Women's Day, it would be a good chance (or excuse :P) to bake something yummy like a pie or muffins or a delicious double chocolate cream cake! But... nope. I've been eating too many caloric pastries and sweets lately (laskiaispulla and licorice for example) so I couldn't bake anything today :(

But I wanted to celebrate theis special day anyway, so I decided to cook pasta. Pink Pasta, of course!!! :D
I know, the sauce would come pink even with basic tomatoes and cream, but then.. what's the fun? So I cooked something new, something I've never cooked before: beetroot pasta!


The color came out totally AMAZING! It was bright hot pink, just the way I wanted it!!! <3
(it shows better in the upper photo)


The taste was also a nice surprise, it was really good! As it was a bit sweet of course because of beetroot, it would have been perfect paired with some gorgonzola or blue cheese. But I cannot eat those fat cheeses anymore because of my diet, so I used some Philadelphia Extra Light instead :)

Ingredients (2 persons):
  • 200 g short pasta, e.g. fusilli
  • 2 pre-cooked medium size beetroots
  • 100 g Philadelphia Extra Light (5% fat)
  • 250 ml cooking cream
  • 1 onion
  • 1-2 garlic cloves
  • rapeseed oil or olive oil
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • parmesan cheese

Directions:
Put a pot of salted water on to boil. Scrap the beetroots (careful they stain a lot).
Finely chop garlic and onion and saute them in a saucepan with oil over medium heat. When they turn into nice golden color, add beetroot and stir for 5 minutes.
Add then cheese and let it melt, always stirring. Pour the cream and add salt and a good mount of pepper. Cook at low heat until the sauce is thick enough.
When water boils, add pasta and cook until al dente. Mix the pasta with the sauce and serve with parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

misao said...

Hope you had a happy day, too!!
this dish is simply fantastic.. do I really have to state how much I love the coloury outcome? :D it's purrrrrfect ;)

Wonderland said...

Yes this pasta is worth making even if only for the color XD

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...