Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Banana muffins

Today is my Name Day!
The Roman Catholic calendar of saints says that 20th of March is Santa Alessandra. Alessandra di Amiso was a marthyr, but sadly there's not much information about her.

Well anyway, to celebrate my Name Day and also the First Spring Day today I baked banana muffins or, as my bf called them, monkey muffins! :D


I made muffins only once in my life and it was a disaster (I accidentally put double amount of butter so they turned out quite greasy :P). But this time it was YUMMY SURPRISE, these muffins were the most moist and tasty I've ever eaten. You should really try these out.


I made a couple of muffins prettier with sugar decorations :)



Ingredients (12 muffins):
  • 4 ripe bananas
  • 3,5 dl flour
  • 1,20 dl sugar
  • 80 g melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ts baking powder
  • 1 ts baking soda
  • 1/2 ts salt

Directions:
Mash the bananas with a fork or in a mixer. Melt the butter and let it cool down. Beat the egg slightly with a fork.
Put the mashed bananas in a bowl with the egg, sugar and melted butter and mix well. In another bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix wet and dry ingredients together and pour into muffins cups (fill them about 2/3).
Bake in the oven at 180ºC for about 20 min. Check if they're ready with a toothpick. Let the muffins cool down before decorating and serving.

4 comments:

Sugarcat said...

oh wow!!!
monkey muffins look awesome!!
how did you get the pretty pink decoration?
I'll try them out for sure, as fast as I get bananas xD and without doubling the butter quantity xDDDDDDDDDDDD

Wonderland said...

They look pretty eh? I bought decorations from the store, they're Dr.Oetker ones, I'm sure you can find them in Spain too.
I used a pink sugar gel tube:
https://www.k-ruokakauppa.fi/Image/products/5701073064139.jpg
and white pearls from this package:
https://www.k-ruokakauppa.fi/Image/products/5701073062524.jpg

misao said...

yaaay! I found one like this with glitter I think... and with chocolate, but that one was kind of costy, so it's better to do choc-deco homemade.. :P
BTW... what's the difference between baking powder and baking soda O__O lol

Wonderland said...

They're a bit costy but you don't use so much of it in one go, I think, so it lasts long. They sell many different colored types of decorations, so cute!!!

Ehhh I had to check wikipedia about baking soda and baking powder, they look the same hahaha but they're 2 different things: Bicarbonato de sodio and Levadura química :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...