Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Elections egg miniboats

Last Sunday there was President elections here in Finland, a very important day indeed! So I wanted to make something small but special as appetizer to celebrate the occasion.

Unfortunately this brilliant idea came suddenly, I didn't have anything planned and not much food at my disposal. So I decided to go for eggs and whatever was left in the fridge.... so zucchini and cheese :D
So here's my little egg elections boats:


I couldn't publish this before 'cause I got my wisdom tooth removed and I was in pain for a couple of days. It was a pain to eat these days, it took me 15 minutes to finish a yogurt cup ;___;

Anyways, here's the recipe!

Ingredients (2 persons):
  • 3 eggs
  • small chunk of zucchini
  • about 100 g processed cheese (any cheese that melts well is fine)
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 onion
  • salt & pepper
Directions:
Boil the eggs and let them cool down.
Meanwhile chop zucchini, cheese, onion and garlic finely. Saute them in a oiled pan until the zucchini is properly cooked. Add salt & pepper up to taste. Let the veggies cool down as well.
Peel the eggs, cut them in half horizontally and carefully remove the yolks. Put the yolks in a bowl with the veggie-cheese mix and stir well.
Fill the eggs with the mixture and add a Finnish flag as decoration :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...